After photographing weddings for almost 6 years, getting married ourselves, and helping close friends and family plan their big day, we have come to the realization that planning a wedding is a whole lot of work. (Can I get an Amen?) Besides worrying about yourself, most brides are worrying about the decor, the bridal party, the ceremony and reception details, and the list goes on and on. Often times this leaves you flustered and in a panic trying to remember it all. We’ve seen it countless times and been in your same shoes ourselves!
Many of our brides will apologize for asking questions and we always say the same thing… there is NOTHING wrong with asking questions! You aren’t supposed to know everything about weddings because the likelihood is that you’ve never planned one and you need some help! For this reason, we thought we’d take a minute and compile a list of wedding day must-haves. You can call it a bridal checklist! Now, some of these things are very obvious, and other things you probably haven’t thought of. These are not only things that you need, but things that will make for some of the most beautiful images of your special day!
1. The most important item for any bride ever… THE DRESS. Obviously ladies, you need to remember the most important gown you will ever wear. Besides the dress, we HIGHLY suggest finding a nice hanger… PLEASE! You will thank us later, we promise!
2. Invitation Suite. Having photos of what your invitation suite looked like is amazing and it provides a great backdrop for detail shots of your rings and jewelry!
3. Shoes. What girl can walk anywhere without her shoes? :) Whether you opt for flats to be more comfortable, or high heels, make sure they are fabulous!
4. Perfume. You want your future husband to always remember how amazing you smelled on your wedding day. They say that smell can trigger memories, and I’m sure never want him to forget your special scent :)
5. Jewelry. Earrings, necklace, bracelet are all another important part of your wedding day attire.
6. The rings. For photography purposes, have all the rings together. Make sure they are nice and shiny as well :)
7. Gifts. Some couples chose to give each other special gifts on the day of the wedding. We think that it’s the sweetest touch, and it makes for wonderful pictures.
8. Bouquets and boutonnieres. Last but certainly, not least, make sure you, your groom, and the entire bridal party get their bouquets as early as possible so you don’t stress and for the sake of great pictures.
If you enjoyed this Wedding Wednesday post, you can see more here.